Today we are going to read about how to Download YouTube videos on Mac and Windows.
YouTube is the most popular American video-sharing and entertaining platform. It was established in February 2005 by three former PayPal employees—Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim and later bought by Google in November 2006 for US$1.65 billion. It is the second most-visited website after Google Search engines. It allows users to watch, upload, rate, share, add to playlists, report, comment on videos, and subscribe to other users. Majority of videos on YouTube are free, but for some you have to pay which include subscription-based premium channels, film rentals, as well as Premium YouTube Music and even YouTube Premium that allow you watch ad-free music streaming, and ad-free access to all content, including exclusive content commissioned from notable personalities.
As per report, YouTube alone earns US$15 billion annual and advertising revenue from Google AdSense.
You can easily download YouTube Videos with the help of YouTube video downloader tool and can watch these downloaded videos later even without the internet on your phone, tablet, or computer.
Here are 3 different methods on how to Download YouTube videos on Mac and Windows:
How to download YouTube Video for Windows PC /Mac.
Here we are sharing 3 methods you can choose whichever is comfortable for you.
Method 1: You can download iTubeGo YouTube Downloader
iTubeGo YouTube Downloader that enables you to download videos from YouTube, TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Dailymotion, Vimeo and more websites. Even you can convert and download clips from youtube in any formats like MP3, MP4, AVI, MOV, and more, even in full HD/4K/8k from any website. This tool supports 10,000+ video sites. It also allows you to download mp3 from most music sites.
- Step 1) You can download and install the iTubeGo YouTube Downloader from https://itubego.com/youtube-downloader/
- Step 2) Now open the “iTubeGo YouTube Downloader” on Desktop.
- Step 3) Click on the “Paste URL” button and now paste the url of the Youtube video you want to download.
- Step 4) Now click on the “Download” button to download video files in and choose the quality in which you want to download the video.
- Step 5) Even you can click on the play button to play the video.
Method 2: Download YouTube videos with Video DownloadHelper Firefox extension.
Video DownloadHelper is the complete Web video downloader and also available in browser extension for Firefox and Chrome. It allows you to save YouTube videos to a local drive and also provides smart naming of the video that you are saving. It is a totally free application from which you can control multiple downloading of videos at one single time. It supports multiple formats that include AVI, MP4, WEBM and more. It also allows you to download videos in various options like 176 x 144 low, ADP 1280 x 720, ADP 854 x 480 and 480 x 360 medium WEBM, etc.
- Step 1) You can download the Firefox extension from the google. We are providing you with the url- https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/video-downloadhelper/lmjnegcaeklhafolokijcfjliaokphfk.
- Step 2) Now you can open youtube and select the video you want to download.
- Step 3) Allow the video to play for at least one minutes. Now go to your extension and double click on the DownloadHelper extension icon so that it opens up.
- Step 4) Now click on the download option to download the video.
- Step 5) Your file will be downloaded.
Method 3: Download YouTube videos with Video with VLC Player
The VLC is one of the popular and free open-source cross-platform multimedia players for both Windows PC and Mac. This video player can play almost all multimedia file formats like MP4, MPEG-4, AVI, FLV etc. Even it supports all audio compression methods and you can play and download Audio CDs, VCDs, and DVDs.
- Step 1) First go and download “VLC media player” from the url- https://www.videolan.org/vlc/Go to https://www.youtube.com.
- Step 2) Now open the youtube video you want to download. Copy the video URL.
- Step 3) Double click “VLC media player” shortcut available on Desktop.
- Step 4) Now go to your Media and click on the ‘Open Network Stream’ option.
- Step 5) Now you will get a page with a text editor.
- Step 6) Now paste the copied URL of the YouTube video to download it.
- Step 7) Click on Codec Information in the tool. A new window will open as below.
- Step 8) Copy-paste the YouTube video URL and press enter. Now select the ‘save video’ option.
Let me tell you that through VLC Player you will be able to save 1080p video files as they do not allow you to store any higher resolution, even if the YouTube stream is available on high resolution like 2160p or 1440p.
Also Read- 6 Tips for making your YouTube video trends
How to Download YouTube Video on your iPhone.
The method of downloading YouTube videos is different on Apple OS phone. So if you are using iPhone, iOS iPad, iPod touch, then we will provide you with the method, just follow the method, you will be able to download Youtube Video on iPhone, iOS iPad, iPod touch.
First of all you have to download and install an Documents app in your iOS system. This file manager enables you to download even video clips but the method is a bit tricky. Here we are going to discuss the method step by step to make it easy for you.
- Step 1) First, search the video or clip you want to download in the YouTube application for iOS. Now copy the link of the video or clip by clicking on the share icon.
- Step 2) Now open documents and click on the web browser icon. Now paste the URL in the text box, choose your desired quality option and download it.
- Step 3) The download file will appear in the downloads section of Documents.
Now let me tell you YouTube premium has many impressive features and has the ability to download videos in the YouTube download section only and you will be able to watch them offline without any external software. It also allows you to play premium music and premium games.
If you want to download video in YouTube Premium you have to just start the video, and tap the download button just below the video. It will automatically download and save in the download section where you account and history is showing. You can watch these download videos in offline mode.
Also Read- Why Social Media Is Important For Business
Now let me tell you some important features you should look for in YouTube Downloader.
- The YouTube Downloader should download your file in high quality there should be an option to select the quality between high, medium, low or 720p, 360p, 1080p, etc.
- There should be an option to download the entire YouTube video or a clip.
- The YouTube video downloader you choose should have options to select the format like MP4, MP3, FLAC, and more, so that you can select the particular format in which you want the file.
- YouTube video downloaders should be able to convert the particular video into an mp3 version. As many we want to just download the song in the video.
- Last but not the least the speed of YouTube video downloaders matter a lot. So the downloader should be able to quickly download any video.
Now if you are thinking that downloading YouTube videos is legal or not. So, the answer is yes till you are using these videos for your personal use. It is ok but let me tell you it is illegal to use YouTube videos for commercial or business purposes.
Now people ask whether you can download or watch private videos in YouTube videos. So the answer is no, you cannot watch a private youtube video on YouTube videos downloader as they don’t have the rights in the same way that your YouTube account doesn’t have the right. But if you want to download private YouTube videos, you can use a screen recorder and capture the screen.
Do comment and let us known if you have any other information or any other method to Download YouTube Videos. we will be happy to here it